Job Title: CNC Operator
Job Summary: As a CNC Operator , you will be responsible for operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines to produce precision parts and components according to provided specifications. Your role will involve setting up, monitoring, and maintaining CNC machines, ensuring the production of high-quality parts and adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Machine Setup and Preparation:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and specifications to understand machining requirements.
- Set up CNC machines by loading program instructions, selecting tooling, and configuring machine parameters based on job specifications.
- Conduct routine maintenance checks and minor repairs on CNC machines to ensure optimal performance.
- Operation and Monitoring:
- Operate CNC machines to fabricate parts by accurately following established machining processes and procedures.
- Monitor machine operations during the production process to verify conformance to specifications and adjust settings as needed for quality and accuracy.
- Quality Control:
- Inspect finished parts to ensure they meet required quality standards and specifications, making adjustments as necessary to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Use precision measuring instruments (e.g., calipers, micrometers) to verify dimensions and tolerances of finished parts.
- Material Handling:
- Load raw materials into CNC machines and position them for machining operations.
- Unload finished parts, ensuring proper handling and storage to prevent damage or defects.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of production activities, including quantities produced, downtime, and any incidents or issues encountered during the machining process.
- Report any equipment malfunctions or maintenance needs to supervisors or maintenance personnel.
- Safety and Compliance:
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures related to quality, safety, and workplace conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Previous experience as a CNC Operator or related experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints, technical drawings, and specifications.
- Knowledge of CNC machine operations and programming.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.